Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Week Down

I can't believe how much easier the second year of teaching is compared to the first. Despite the fact that I am teaching a different grade, it is amazing how smoothly this last week went. I guess it helps to have almost all the same kids:) I am so anxious to see what He's got in store for this class this year. I am confident He's going to do some awesome things in the hearts of these kids. He's already working in and strengthening mine for sure. My first week was good, but not without its difficulties. Midmorning on my first day of school, I got a skype message saying that my grandpa had passed away earlier that day. As I wrote in my previous post, we knew that he was sick, so it was somewhat expected. But, earlier that morning, I had just read an email from my dad explaining how he was doing so well and they were talking about starting physical therapy this week. That afternoon his breathing got really heavy and he was gone by that evening (morning here). I am so thankful that I can trust in the timing of the Blessed Controller of all things. I am confident that since that weekend in July when we thought we would lose him, He had been working extra hard on Papa's heart, and by Monday evening, He was done. He's now where He was made to be with his Redeemer and my Tita:) It was definitely hard to get this news on the first day of school, but I think it is the start of a year full of relying heavily on His strength. I have been blown away by the peace that has consumed me this week. It is weird to be far from home, but I have a family here who has come around me in such a sweet way and He has truly been my Comforter this week. I am so blessed and so excited to see Him continue to work.
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."
Isaiah 43:2-3

1 comment:

Melodee Fiske said...

Molly, you are such a beautiful inspiration to me. It is evident that God has moved in such an incredible way in your life. Incredible isn't the right word! His peaceful presence rests upon you and it's so refreshing and calming being around you. Your life is a testamony to that verse, "When you walk through the waters, I will be with you. You will not be swept away". Thank you for being such beautiful example to us all.