Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Mile High City!

The drive from Nebraska to Denver was pretty long. There's not a lot to see in between, so I was happy when I finally arrived in the Mile High City. Denver is one of my favorite places. It is so diverse and full of amazing places to eat and shop. The purpose of my visit, though, was to see Grandma Judy. The next day we went to breakfast and she took me shopping. It was a lovely day with my spoiling Grandma.
I also got to hang out with Alex, my sister Abby's fiance. He just recently moved to Colorado Springs for a PT job. Abby will be moving there after the wedding. We went and had some of the best Mexican food I've had since I've been home.
Worlds collided again when I got to have breakfast with Emily and Joel. I taught with the two of them in Indonesia. Joel is from Denver and Emily was there visiting him and his family. It was a great visit and nice to get to share some of the reverse culture shock experiences.
This was the last leg of my journey as I headed to Albuquerque, NM for the first sister wedding. The drive to Albuquerque was really long and not very pretty. I did get a chance to stop over at Focus on the Family as well as the city of Trinidad, CO which happens to be the sex change capital of America. (Never thought all of that would ever be in the same sentence)
I was so happy to make it to Albuquerque where I got to stay with more relatives: my dad's cousin Debbie Armerding and her husband Jonathan. It had been so long since the last time I saw them. We had a lovely Italian dinner and talked about our Asian travels. Their oldest son Cole was in China for the last year and they went to visit him in March. Emily arrived that night and so began the weddingness for the weekend.

1 comment:

Oscar said...


I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com