Monday, February 25, 2008

A Snapshot Update...

Amazing places I have gotten to see:
  • Borobudur: A few weeks ago we went to Jogjakarta and got to see the sunrise at a large Buddhist temple and one of the seven wonders of the world. Although it was painfully early, nothing beats watching God's creation wake up with the sun:)
  • We took an eight hour train ride to Jogja and got to see some pretty amazing scenery that reminded me that I am kind of afraid of heights:)
Cool things I have gotten to do:
  • Plant trees!: A group of fifteen students and four leaders planted about 150 trees. We planted 50 right off the toll road with a group from a local Muslim school. The next day we went a planted 85 trees out at the new campus. It was really cool to see the students step out of their comfort zones and sweat for Jesus:)
  • This past weekend was an all school work day. The goal was to purge all classrooms and offices of things that we don't need anymore. It was challenging, but really cool to see everyone work hard with a common goal.
Crazy things I have eaten:
  • Horse Sate: It is a specialty in Jogja, but not much of a specialty in my mouth:) I think I prefer spicy woof woof:)
  • Pigeon: I know, this one was pretty interesting. We also ate this in Jogja at a Japanese restaurant. It tasted like chicken, not a whole lot of meat.
  • Indo-mex: We went out to Mexican food this weekend, and it was surprisingly good. Growing up in Arizona, I have become a Mexican food snob, but I was pleasantly surprised by the food at Lada's.
Things to look forward to and be praying for:
  • SeaTribe: We are headed to the remote islands of Indonesia in about three and a half weeks to spend time with the people there. Pray that some of His love would rub off on them through our conversations with them. We will be working hard, teaching some English, getting eaten alive by mosquitoes, and eating all kinds of fun foods.
  • Please continue to pray for the New Campus Project: the details of the building, the transition for the teachers, the housing for next year, the moving process and the hiring of new teachers for the five positions that are currently open.
Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. I hope you are all doing well. Please keep me updated on your lives, so I can be lifting you up in prayer as well:)

No comments: