Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Let the Road Trippage Blogging Begin!

I must admit, this road trip is coming at a very good time. There's a lot going on here. A lot of good things that I couldn't be happier about. But, those amazing things combined with the craziness of reentering this country after shutting down the Indonesia chaper makes for a very large plate of transition that I certainly can't handle on my own. So, my prayer is that the next 17 days include some good food, good friends, words of Truth, and wisdom and clarity about what the next six months are going to look like.


Today was a super blessing. My mom and I drove from Flagstaff to Albuquerque together. The plan was to rent a car in Albuquerque since that's where the wedding is and where my road trip will end up in July. It was so cool to get to catch up with my mom and hear about how God's been using her.

Once in Albuquerque, I got to meet Kevin, my sister's fiance. He is in the Air Force and gave us a tour of the base which included getting to go into one of the training planes. It was pretty awesome, and I am happy to report that I completely approve:)


Once we picked up the car at the rental place, I was off to Amarillo. It's so weird to drive here. It didn't take too long to get used to driving on the correct side of the road. Every time there is a slow person in the left hand lane, it takes everything in me not to start honking at them...that doesn't really fly here in America. I also don't quite know how to handle all the open space...I miss the warungs, Tambalbans and bensin sellers. I do, however, LOVE that there's no traffic or potholes! I made it safely to Amarillo and got to see some cool things along the way, including these graffittied cars that are buried in the ground...crazy.




2 comments:

malia said...

love love love. can't wait to hear more. i know you're in need of this time. praying praying praying.

Anonymous said...

SO true about the honking, Molly. What's so funny for me is thinking about how stressed out I used to get while driving here... and then seeing how there's pretty much nothing left to give me cause to panic while driving in this country, hehe... We're looking forward to seeing you in 3 days!