Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Worlds Colliding Wedding Style

Worlds collided when I made it to Hampton, Georgia to see my good friend Billy who I met in Indonesia. He was taking language school in Bandung along with his friend Kyle when I met them in August and it was such a blessing to have them as friends this past year. Billy was an excellent host and I really enjoyed the city of Atlanta. I think it would be safe to say that in the top five priorities in Billy's life, Chick-fil-a and all that it encompasses has landed a spot somewhere in there. For eight months I was educated on the menu, history and other important facts of Chick-fil-a...it started in Atlanta, there are several different restaurants that are part of the company including a pizza restaurant, the Dwarf House, and Truett's. I was quite excited to finally get to try this thing that I had heard so much about. We went to Truett's the first night I was there and I thoroughly enjoyed my Spicy Chicken Sandwich. I was also thankful that the "Chick-fil-a expert" was with me, because there were far too many choices on that menu for me to make a decision on my own!
This whole road trip idea started when I decided that I wanted to honor my dear friend Bryn, the music teacher from BAIS, by going to his wedding on the 18th of June. This last year was a huge year of firsts for him including flying, teaching, riding a motorbike and getting engaged:) His wife, Courtney, will be teaching 3rd Grade next year at BAIS. They have a pretty spectacular story, and I am so excited for them and their next adventure. They got married in Cookeville, Tennessee, so Billy and I drove up there through some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen. So, worlds collided once again when I got to see Bryn in his home state marry a dear sister in Christ who'll be experiencing her first year of teaching at BAIS in the fall. One of the coolest parts of the wedding was the Indonesian elements that they included. The bridesmaids, groomsmen, and Bryn wore Batik, which is the traditional style fabric used to make formal clothing. When Courtney walked down the aisle in her traditional while wedding dress, it was symbolic of her not only committing her life to love and serve alongside Bryn, but it was also symbolic of her committment to take that step of faith and go where God has called her...Indonesia. It was not only a wedding, but also a commissioning for them as they head to Indonesia. It was a privilege to get to sing a song in Indonesian for the commissioning portion of their wedding.
It's an incredible thing to see how God brings people into your life for a season and how brothers and sisters in Christ can become instant friends. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com